Harp Centre Australia is able to offer both individual and group lessons.
Individual lessons are an effective way to learn an instrument in a tailored environment, forming close relationships with your teacher.
HCA offers both half-hour and hour lessons. Some students take an hour lesson every two weeks to give them more practice time between lessons, or a half-hour lesson weekly – we can tailor a program to suit your needs.
Find a teacher near you here. All our teachers are qualified and experienced in teaching students of all ages, levels, and interests.
Half-hour lessons – $38 (incl GST)
Hour lessons – $70 (incl GST)
Lessons are normally billed in blocks of 8, referent to the school terms.
Group classes run depending on interest each term. No musical experience is required. Separate classes are run for adults and children.
Prices for 50 minute lessons (see Lesson Policy below).
Group of two – $46 per person (incl. GST)
Group of 3-6 – $36 per person (incl. GST).
From your very first lesson you can be creating beautiful music, so don’t wait to get started!
Please call or email us to secure your place this term or find out more.
- Students are billed for 8 lessons within a term, and our teachings terms coincide with the school terms.
- Payments for lessons are due two weeks after invoices have been received. Payment must be made before the term ends.
- If a student fails to attend a scheduled lesson without sufficient (<24 hours) notice, no refund will be given for the lesson fee. If sufficient (>24 hours) notice is given, 1 makeup lesson per term will be arranged
- If the teacher is unable for a lesson, notice will be given to the pupil and a makeup lesson will be arranged
- Performing is an important part of studying an instrument, and as such students are encouraged to discuss performance opportunities with their teacher so they can be fully prepared – prepared performances lead to happy Harpists!
We have a number of harps that are available for hire to Harp Centre students. Hire is subject to availability.
Harp rental is $195 for our 23-string lever harps or $250 for the 34-string lever harps, for a 10 week period, plus a refundable security deposit of $200. For our new students, the first rental period of 10 weeks is offered at the special rate of $175 for our 23-string harps or $230 for our 34-string harps.
As harp rental is prioritised to new students, rental harps are generally hired for one term only. Should you choose to purchase a harp from the Harp Centre at the end of your rental, you will receive a $100 discount off the purchase price. This special offer is only available when you place an order at the time you return your rental harp.
Head to our shop to see what is available!
Harp Centre Australia Lever Harp One-Year Purchase Plan
Salvi “Mia” Lever Harp 34 strings with tuning key
Payment structure (all prices in Australian Dollars):
- Initial Deposit prior to delivering the harp – $1,000
- 11 monthly payments of $355
(first payment due on the first day of the month following the purchase date – for example if the harp delivery falls on the 16th of the month, first monthly payment is due on the first of the following month)
Total Payment = $4,960
Payment schedule will be specified in an invoice sent to the purchaser.
The harp remains the property of HCA until it is fully paid.
The plan is only available to HCA active students (students who study with qualified HCA teachers). If the plan is entered into in the middle of a study term or during term break, the purchaser will need to pay for the following term lessons in advance.
In the event the that payment plan is not carried out to its completion by the purchaser, or that the monthly payments are delayed, the purchaser will be required to return the harp to a HCA teacher within one week of notification. Interest will be charged on any owed amount if not paid within a period of two weeks from the due date.
In the event the harp needs to be returned prior to the completion of payment, the harp must be returned in the same condition in which it has been delivered, or an extra charge will apply. A condition report will be part of the initial delivery.